The Kodiak Survival Sword is a multi-functional tool designed for the avid outdoorsman/soldier/wilderness enthusiast/zombie fighter.
The traditional machete has been deemed an essential tool for life in the jungles of Central and South America. Bushwhacking trails through dense, yet lush and supple vegetation is a daily venture, and a relatively light but long machete tends to be the be the best tool for the job.
In North America, where undergrowth generally consists of hardwood saplings, briars, aromatic cedar, and other hard, nasty varieties, a short sword with an acute cutting edge can provide a little more inertia to drive through the toughest obstacles. The Kodiak’s 16″ long, 1/4″ thick, flat ground blade is razor sharp and is easily driven deep if not clean through the most difficult vegetation. This extra mass is also great for cutting green trees up to 3″ diameter on a chopping block with a single blow.
Base Price: $675 US
- Blade Material: 1/4″ Austempered 1095
- Blade Length: 16.5″
- Overall Length: 25.5″
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Surface finish: NIC Cerakote
- Sheath: Kydex with Tactical Tailor Malice clips for vertical or horizontal mount on molle webbing. Open back design for quick draw, nylon webbing/”pull the dot” snap safety
- Grips: Canvas micarta (Black, Natural, Green)
- Rip saw spine (only a few of these available) +$50
- Hook tooth spine, for grabbing branches, brambles and other things you don’t want to put your hands in (no extra charge)
- Welded pommel with flush fit grips +$50
- Welded pommel and guard (polished), flush fit grips, satin steel bevels +$150
- Tri color camo +$50
- Satin finish on bevels with Cerakote everywhere else +$50